Monday, May 3, 2010

Anita Blake

I started the Anita Blake series because it was always coming up in my recommendations in Amazon.  Their software thought that since I have read and liked Twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse novels, I would also like Anita Blake.  So, did I like it?  Yes, I liked it but it didn't release inside myself the same amount of passion the Sookie Stackhouse series did.  I don't dream about it at night.  I don't think about it all day.  I prefer Eric to Jean-Claude.  Jean Claude's ass always needs to be saved by Anita (Eric's ass is another story...hmmm). He is supposedly a strong and powerful vampire but he just sits and waits for Anita to save him.  At least Sookie and Eric save each other alternately.  Anita has a very strong character which is almost irritating.  She just needs to be right all the time (she reminds me of myself =)).  I find a lot of characters irritating.  Richard, ex fiance of Anita, whines too much for me.  He is too conflicted. It drags on and on and on.  There are times when I am tempted put the book down because he irritated me too much.  I hate whiners both in books and in real life.

Will I continue reading the Anita Blake series? Maybe. Let's see.  The last books got a little bit too weird for my tastes.   I like the first 7 books then it went downhill from there.

All in all, I think  Anita Blake is an okay series to read to pass the time in between the Sookie Stackhouse novels.



Update- January 26, 2009

I can't continue reading this series.  I am irritated with it.  The last book I read was Book 7: Burnt Offerings and I can't continue reading Blue Moon.  I can't stand Anita and Richard.  I want to throw the book out.  I have the rest of the books (I bought it in advance) but I can't continue.  I read the synopsis for the rest of the books in wikipedia and I don't think I can go on reading.  I don't like the way the story developed.  Oh! why did Laurell Hamilton destroy the story of such a promising series?

No comments:

Post a Comment